- taking the church into the community!
- building bridges across racial, economic, social, and cultural boundaries.
- a relational ministry – NOT a transactional ministry.
- going far beyond emergency relief.
- giving hope in the name of Jesus Christ.
Through Communities of Transformation participants are:
- paying off debt.
- opening savings accounts.
- building strong friendships with people who can help them problem-solve.
- strengthening families.
- graduating from nursing school.
- graduating from community college.
- getting jobs!
The primary goal of Communities of Transformation is to help move families away from instability, isolation, and dependence, and toward self-sufficiency. Though Communities of Transformation is an initiative of the United Methodist Church, our sites involve denominations and service agencies throughout the community.
If you would like to learn more about starting a site in your community, email Katy Wrona at email@example.com.